'65 Reasons Why Your Business Conclusively Needs a USP' is a list I've compiled through the sheer need to get these highly valuable business assertions off my chest.
If you don't know me, my business is called myUSP and, as the name suggests, I am consumed by company product and service differentiation. If you can convincingly answer what I called The Biggest Question in the Business Universe, then you'll be enjoying 65 major benefits your competitors will not be.
They might be lucky enough to experience a small fraction of what are you, but not all 65 reasons, no way.
The all important question is this:
"If I am your ideal target client then why should I do business with you over any of your competitors. In fact, why should I buy from you or anyone for that matter?
Read on and in about 2-3 minutes you'll soon appreciate [assuming you're currently not an existing USP convert] that trying to do any marketing without a USP is not only a complete waste of your valuable resources but it's criminal not to be operating at your fullest potential.
I can justify and explain all of the 65 reasons below. They all come from having an 'U'tterly 'S'eductive 'P'roposal.
1. The first reason is simple: the fact that there ARE 65 reasons why your business conclusively needs a USP is reason enough to have a USP. 2-3 reasons no, 8-10 reasons maybe, 65? DEFINITELY!
2. Doing business without a USP is like playing darts blindfolded, you might score but probably won't
3. When you have a clearly defined, justifiable and persuasive USP you will become highly discussable
4. When you have a clearly defined, justifiable and persuasive USP you will become memorable
5. When you have a clearly defined, justifiable and persuasive USP you will become distinctive
6. ...you will become unique
7. ...you will sell more
8. ...you will sell more faster
9. ...you will get money into your bank account faster
10. ...you will improve your profitability
11. When you have a clearly defined, justifiable and persuasive USP you will increase your chances of extending your overdraft or borrowing money
12. ...you will never run out of things to say when writing the words for your marketing [the hardest part]
13. ...you will increase your sales conversion rates
14. ...you will waste less ‘hope’ money advertising and promoting your business
15. ...you will increase your marketing ROI
16. ...you will have more money available to spend on the right marketing
17. ...you will please more people
18. ...the more people you do business with, the more testimonials and endorsements you'll receive
19. ...you will receive more referrals from your clients
20. ...you will receive more referrals which = more enquiries, business, money, new clients and further referrals
21. When you have a clearly defined, justifiable and persuasive USP you will make it easy for people to choose you. They enjoy buying
22. ...you will not come across as desperate when selling. It's so much easier
23. ...you will save your buyers time shopping around
24. ...you will be making your prospects and clients an offer they can't refuse
25. ...you will deal with people that might never have bought at all
26. ...you will create a community of clients all sharing the same values
27. ...you will be the best because your focus is on amplifying your strengths
28. ...you will be more trusted
29. ...you will be able to quickly and easily explain your business to anyone you meet
30. ...you will be able maximise your opportunities at networking events
31. By owning a clearly defined, justifiable and persuasive USP it will push you on to maintain the highest standards
32. ...you have the potential to become known as the market leader
33. ...you will build an enviable reputation, and you’re only as good as your reputation
34. ...you will create repeat business
35. ...you will become far more confident
36. ...you will turn regular buyers into lifetime buyers
37. ...you will create long-term loyalty, a very powerful thing
38. ...you will have well attended events (that create more loyalty)
39. ...you will grow your business turnover
40. ...you will grow your business database
41. When you have a clearly defined, justifiable and persuasive USP you will increase the value of your business
42. ...you will blow people's socks off, making you DUDU [Discussable, Unforgettable, Distinctive & Unique]
43. ...you will move your industry forward and set new standards
44. ...you will irritate & enrage your competitors
45. ...you will have bright, fun and exciting social media pages encouraging more engagement
46. ...you will give your website a new lease of life and keep people on it for longer
47. ...you will have the best business cards wherever you go
48. ...you will become more creative in general
49. ...you will make your business more attractive to investors and easier to sell when you come to bail out
50. ...you will command the highest prices
51. When you have a clearly defined, justifiable and persuasive USP you will be incomparable to your rivals and their products and services
52. ...you will employ more people
53. ...you will have higher quality customers
54. ...you will have improved products and services
55. ...you will be able to pay your staff more money
56. ...you will attract superior employees
57. ...you will create a better office environment for staff & make work a nice place to come to each day
58. ...you will have a better work environment which increases productivity and performance
59. ...you will put yourself in a position to help others out
60. ...you will create intrigue in your company
61. When you have a clearly defined, justifiable and persuasive USP you will have a busier and more thriving business which in turn creates a buzz
62. ...you will be able to negotiate better deals with your suppliers
63. ...you will pay more tax and therefore improve the country. If that’s not your thing you’ll be able to employ a tax advisor and therefore be improving his business
64. ...you will reduce selling time and therefore free up more of your valuable time for other areas of your business
65. And finally, you will be on the road to live where you want, drive the car you like, eat the best food, travel the World, be able to buy, berth, maintain and run a boat, be healthier, live longer…and even have more sex.
WOW! Life with a USP is amazing right? So why doesn't everyone have one? I believe it's like a lot of things. We all know eating a high fibre diet is healthy but who actually adheres to it?
So what's the first step to defining your very own USP? Most people offering guidance might say to buy their book if they'd written one on the subject. I have and it's called 'Your Utterly Seductive Proposal' but I wouldn't expect you to buy mine right away. I'll send you the main chapter of the book, with my compliments, which contains my exclusive 5 step USP creation process. Simply email or Tweet me and ask for it.
You will not receive any contact asking you to do directly become a client of mine ever, I promise. It's no strings attached. Email me email@example.com or Tweet me @myUSPbiz.
Alternatively, be my guest and continue to compete on price. This occurs when your buyers have no other way of making a disctinction between you and your competitors. That's madness and only an complete jerk would do business that way if you think about it.